- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association) USA
- American Psychological Association (USA)
- Association for Spirituality & Psychotherapy (USA)
My therapeutic approach
I love being a therapist. It is an honour to witness clients discover themselves. I believe the therapeutic relationship is key to healing . This means I facilitate growth through the therapeutic rapport the client and I share. I bring who I am as a person and professional during the therapeutic process with clear boundaries. I am client centred/ Person centred in my way of being which means I work in a compassionate and non judgemental manner maintaining the ethical codes of my profession.
Furthermore I integrate the following evidence based talking therapies I am trained in.
- Person Centered therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Transactional analysis
- Attachment based therapy
- Parts work ( Ego state therapy , Internal family systems and structural dissociation)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Expressive Psychotherapy & Play therapy
- Yoga (Research conducted by Bessel van der Kolk (author of Body keeps the score) has proven that Yoga is beneficial in alleviating traumatic symptoms)
Studying and working in the UK and in India, I have developed a holistic style to therapy. Consequently my therapeutic approach is an integration of scientific evidence based psychotherapies from the west and eastern philosophies to help clients achieve an inner balance of mind, body, and spirit. Regardless of any theory or technique our work as a client and therapist will be collaborative.
I am open to working with Adults above 20 years of age, all nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds , all gender, gender identified groups and sexual preference.